A 45-year-old Wauwatosa woman was arrested for neglecting her 18-month-old grandchild; she is accused of leaving the child sleeping on the porch outside her home while she went to a bar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A bartender said the woman acted disorderly and was already highly intoxicated when she arrived at 1:56 a.m. Wednesday. She couldn't keep her balance and was demanding a drink five minutes before bar time. After she was denied the alcohol, she grabbed a customer's beer and drank his entire glass.
Police took her home, where the woman's boyfriend refused to let her inside and asked where the child was. Her grandson was found sleeping on the porch wrapped in paper towel. She nearly fell holding him, and police grabbed him away. The boy is the child of the woman's daughter, who is away completing basic training for the military.
The Bureau of Child Welfare took custody of the child.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers