A 45-year-old Wauwatosa woman was arrested for neglecting her 18-month-old grandchild; she is accused of leaving the child sleeping on the porch outside her home while she went to a bar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A bartender said the woman acted disorderly and was already highly intoxicated when she arrived at 1:56 a.m. Wednesday. She couldn't keep her balance and was demanding a drink five minutes before bar time. After she was denied the alcohol, she grabbed a customer's beer and drank his entire glass.
Police took her home, where the woman's boyfriend refused to let her inside and asked where the child was. Her grandson was found sleeping on the porch wrapped in paper towel. She nearly fell holding him, and police grabbed him away. The boy is the child of the woman's daughter, who is away completing basic training for the military.
The Bureau of Child Welfare took custody of the child.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts (1)
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11