Reconstruction of Bluemound Road has started just as the 70th Street bridge replacement project reaches completion.
The pavement, curb and gutter will be replaced on Bluemound Road (also known as Highway 18) between Mayfair Road and the Brookfield border at 124th Street.
One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction, but parking will be eliminated in front of local businesses. For the duration of construction - expected to last through December - parking restrictions along side streets will be relaxed.
Starting this week, the 70th Street railroad crossing south of State Street will be closed so a raised safety median can be installed, according to the Village Business Improvement District weekly update. During this time, all access to Hart Park will be off 72nd Street. Completion should coincide with the end of the 70th Street bridge reconstruction project.
While the bridge project was delayed due to wet spring weather, it looks like it should be done in time for Hart Fest on June 17 and 18, according to the city Engineering Department.
A third construction project, although happening across the border in Elm Grove, may have an impact on Wauwatosa traffic.
Elm Grove will begin repaving Watertown Plank Road between 124th Street and Legion Drive (near the railroad crossing) starting in mid-June, according to City Administrator James Archambo's weekly report. Lane closures may lead to traffic changes until the project is complete in November.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa