A clerk at the Days Inn was robbed at gunpoint early Monday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The nightshift clerk was watching television in the office when a man walked into the hotel, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, and asked for a room. The clerk checked the computer for vacancies; when he looked up he saw a gun pointed at him.
The robber told him, "Give me all your money, or I'm going to shoot you in 10 seconds."
The clerk handed over money while the robber counted backward from 10. The robber fled at 2:39 a.m.
The robber is described as a black man between 25 and 28 years old. He was about 5-foot-six inches tall and 165 pounds. He was wearing a tan, hooded sweatshirt with a light-weight black or blue jacket over it.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23