A clerk at the Days Inn was robbed at gunpoint early Monday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The nightshift clerk was watching television in the office when a man walked into the hotel, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, and asked for a room. The clerk checked the computer for vacancies; when he looked up he saw a gun pointed at him.
The robber told him, "Give me all your money, or I'm going to shoot you in 10 seconds."
The clerk handed over money while the robber counted backward from 10. The robber fled at 2:39 a.m.
The robber is described as a black man between 25 and 28 years old. He was about 5-foot-six inches tall and 165 pounds. He was wearing a tan, hooded sweatshirt with a light-weight black or blue jacket over it.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series