A clerk at the Days Inn was robbed at gunpoint early Monday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The nightshift clerk was watching television in the office when a man walked into the hotel, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, and asked for a room. The clerk checked the computer for vacancies; when he looked up he saw a gun pointed at him.
The robber told him, "Give me all your money, or I'm going to shoot you in 10 seconds."
The clerk handed over money while the robber counted backward from 10. The robber fled at 2:39 a.m.
The robber is described as a black man between 25 and 28 years old. He was about 5-foot-six inches tall and 165 pounds. He was wearing a tan, hooded sweatshirt with a light-weight black or blue jacket over it.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern