A Wauwatosa East freshman was walking to Hart Park on Thursday afternoon when he was attacked by two boys. But they would soon figure out they had messed with the wrong kid.
It was the second attack on teens that week.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The freshman was on the sidewalk in the 1500 block of Alice Street when he was struck in the neck from behind at 3:50 p.m. A male had hit him with a skateboard.
The 15-year-old victim fought back and punched twice, knocking the attacker to the ground.
Then he was punched by a second attacker, who the freshman kicked in the side of the head and knocked down.
Both attackers took off running, and the boy went home to tell his dad about the incident. He said he didn't know the boys who jumped him and no words had been exchanged. He was sore but not injured.
The father said his son was strong and capable of defending himself, but he worried that the next kid they attacked wouldn't be able to put up a fight.
The prior day, a 16-year-old boy was attacked by four people as he walked across the Washington Elementary School playground, 2166 N. 68th St., about 6:30 p.m.
Two males on bicycles and two on foot approached him. One grabbed his earlobe, while a second started punching him. He tried to defend himself, but the other two joined in and he was overwhelmed. The attackers knocked him to the ground and repeatedly punched him.
He heard one direct the others to search his pockets, and they took his MP3 player before taking off.
He told police his shoulders hurt, he had scrapes on his hands and bumps on his head and his nose was bleeding.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?