A Wauwatosa East freshman was walking to Hart Park on Thursday afternoon when he was attacked by two boys. But they would soon figure out they had messed with the wrong kid.
It was the second attack on teens that week.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The freshman was on the sidewalk in the 1500 block of Alice Street when he was struck in the neck from behind at 3:50 p.m. A male had hit him with a skateboard.
The 15-year-old victim fought back and punched twice, knocking the attacker to the ground.
Then he was punched by a second attacker, who the freshman kicked in the side of the head and knocked down.
Both attackers took off running, and the boy went home to tell his dad about the incident. He said he didn't know the boys who jumped him and no words had been exchanged. He was sore but not injured.
The father said his son was strong and capable of defending himself, but he worried that the next kid they attacked wouldn't be able to put up a fight.
The prior day, a 16-year-old boy was attacked by four people as he walked across the Washington Elementary School playground, 2166 N. 68th St., about 6:30 p.m.
Two males on bicycles and two on foot approached him. One grabbed his earlobe, while a second started punching him. He tried to defend himself, but the other two joined in and he was overwhelmed. The attackers knocked him to the ground and repeatedly punched him.
He heard one direct the others to search his pockets, and they took his MP3 player before taking off.
He told police his shoulders hurt, he had scrapes on his hands and bumps on his head and his nose was bleeding.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue