The County Grounds have proved a popular place to walk, bike and enjoy nature. To ensure those uses continue as portions of the land are developed, a master trail plan will be created to identify key connection points between different properties.
The public is invited to participate in a trail-planning workshop from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Wil-o-Way Recreation Center, 10602 Underwood Parkway. Short presentations will be made at 5 and 6 p.m., and representatives from Wauwatosa and Milwaukee County will be on hand to gather opinions.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee granted planning services to the city to assist with the project. The resulting plan will be used to guide individual property owners in creating more detailed trail plans within their sites.
The project aims to improve public access to amenities on the parklands while allowing the sharing of resources to maintain trails and joint pursuit of funding opportunities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City offers developers financial assistance for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring