The County Grounds have proved a popular place to walk, bike and enjoy nature. To ensure those uses continue as portions of the land are developed, a master trail plan will be created to identify key connection points between different properties.
The public is invited to participate in a trail-planning workshop from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Wil-o-Way Recreation Center, 10602 Underwood Parkway. Short presentations will be made at 5 and 6 p.m., and representatives from Wauwatosa and Milwaukee County will be on hand to gather opinions.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee granted planning services to the city to assist with the project. The resulting plan will be used to guide individual property owners in creating more detailed trail plans within their sites.
The project aims to improve public access to amenities on the parklands while allowing the sharing of resources to maintain trails and joint pursuit of funding opportunities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?