The County Grounds have proved a popular place to walk, bike and enjoy nature. To ensure those uses continue as portions of the land are developed, a master trail plan will be created to identify key connection points between different properties.
The public is invited to participate in a trail-planning workshop from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Wil-o-Way Recreation Center, 10602 Underwood Parkway. Short presentations will be made at 5 and 6 p.m., and representatives from Wauwatosa and Milwaukee County will be on hand to gather opinions.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee granted planning services to the city to assist with the project. The resulting plan will be used to guide individual property owners in creating more detailed trail plans within their sites.
The project aims to improve public access to amenities on the parklands while allowing the sharing of resources to maintain trails and joint pursuit of funding opportunities.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers