The County Grounds have proved a popular place to walk, bike and enjoy nature. To ensure those uses continue as portions of the land are developed, a master trail plan will be created to identify key connection points between different properties.
The public is invited to participate in a trail-planning workshop from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Wil-o-Way Recreation Center, 10602 Underwood Parkway. Short presentations will be made at 5 and 6 p.m., and representatives from Wauwatosa and Milwaukee County will be on hand to gather opinions.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee granted planning services to the city to assist with the project. The resulting plan will be used to guide individual property owners in creating more detailed trail plans within their sites.
The project aims to improve public access to amenities on the parklands while allowing the sharing of resources to maintain trails and joint pursuit of funding opportunities.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety