Like the tale "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a Wauwatosa resident was forced to ask "who is that sleeping in my bed?" last week. But unlike the sweet children's story of a lost little blond girl, this story appears to feature a drunken man who broke into a home.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When the resident entered her home in the 7300 block of West Garfield Avenue at 7:45 p.m. April 19, she smelled marijuana. Then she noticed socks, shoes and a coat on the floor.
Getting scared, she checked out her bedroom, where she found a man fast asleep in her bed. She ran to a neighbor's house for help. They called police, but while waiting for officers, the neighbor woke up the intoxicated visitor and told him to leave.
He asked the neighbor if he could use the bathroom before he left. He was turned down so he urinated on the lawn before walking down the street.
The 51-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for trespassing. He said he remembered drinking and taking a bus to Tosa because he was restless, but he didn't recall entering the apartment or know why he was there. He had a nearly empty bottle of gin and a full bottle of rum with him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)