Like the tale "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a Wauwatosa resident was forced to ask "who is that sleeping in my bed?" last week. But unlike the sweet children's story of a lost little blond girl, this story appears to feature a drunken man who broke into a home.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When the resident entered her home in the 7300 block of West Garfield Avenue at 7:45 p.m. April 19, she smelled marijuana. Then she noticed socks, shoes and a coat on the floor.
Getting scared, she checked out her bedroom, where she found a man fast asleep in her bed. She ran to a neighbor's house for help. They called police, but while waiting for officers, the neighbor woke up the intoxicated visitor and told him to leave.
He asked the neighbor if he could use the bathroom before he left. He was turned down so he urinated on the lawn before walking down the street.
The 51-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for trespassing. He said he remembered drinking and taking a bus to Tosa because he was restless, but he didn't recall entering the apartment or know why he was there. He had a nearly empty bottle of gin and a full bottle of rum with him.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (22)
- Our newspaper website is changing