Like the tale "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a Wauwatosa resident was forced to ask "who is that sleeping in my bed?" last week. But unlike the sweet children's story of a lost little blond girl, this story appears to feature a drunken man who broke into a home.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When the resident entered her home in the 7300 block of West Garfield Avenue at 7:45 p.m. April 19, she smelled marijuana. Then she noticed socks, shoes and a coat on the floor.
Getting scared, she checked out her bedroom, where she found a man fast asleep in her bed. She ran to a neighbor's house for help. They called police, but while waiting for officers, the neighbor woke up the intoxicated visitor and told him to leave.
He asked the neighbor if he could use the bathroom before he left. He was turned down so he urinated on the lawn before walking down the street.
The 51-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for trespassing. He said he remembered drinking and taking a bus to Tosa because he was restless, but he didn't recall entering the apartment or know why he was there. He had a nearly empty bottle of gin and a full bottle of rum with him.
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week