It seems a local man learned the hard way why it's never a good idea to leave the car running when you're not in it.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
After getting into a conversation with a woman at a gas station, the man offered to take her for a drive.
He stopped at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., about 8:20 p.m. April 13 to pay a bill, and left the vehicle running. She took off in the 2002 Acura MDX sports-utility vehicle, which belonged to the man's girlfriend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern