It seems a local man learned the hard way why it's never a good idea to leave the car running when you're not in it.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
After getting into a conversation with a woman at a gas station, the man offered to take her for a drive.
He stopped at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., about 8:20 p.m. April 13 to pay a bill, and left the vehicle running. She took off in the 2002 Acura MDX sports-utility vehicle, which belonged to the man's girlfriend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands