It seems a local man learned the hard way why it's never a good idea to leave the car running when you're not in it.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
After getting into a conversation with a woman at a gas station, the man offered to take her for a drive.
He stopped at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., about 8:20 p.m. April 13 to pay a bill, and left the vehicle running. She took off in the 2002 Acura MDX sports-utility vehicle, which belonged to the man's girlfriend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School