It seems a local man learned the hard way why it's never a good idea to leave the car running when you're not in it.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
After getting into a conversation with a woman at a gas station, the man offered to take her for a drive.
He stopped at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., about 8:20 p.m. April 13 to pay a bill, and left the vehicle running. She took off in the 2002 Acura MDX sports-utility vehicle, which belonged to the man's girlfriend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94