More than 230 people have filled Wauwatosa City Hall and there's still more than 20 minutes before a special meeting to revote on ratifying union contracts begins.
People started showing up at 4 p.m., but the council chamber wasn't opened until 5:30 p.m. At that point at long line of people filed in, filling every seat in the chambers. Capacity of 172 has been reached, and an overflow room is standing-room only.
Police and Fire officials are providing security and making sure the crowd remains orderly. The council members have not yet arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23