More than 230 people have filled Wauwatosa City Hall and there's still more than 20 minutes before a special meeting to revote on ratifying union contracts begins.
People started showing up at 4 p.m., but the council chamber wasn't opened until 5:30 p.m. At that point at long line of people filed in, filling every seat in the chambers. Capacity of 172 has been reached, and an overflow room is standing-room only.
Police and Fire officials are providing security and making sure the crowd remains orderly. The council members have not yet arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23