More than 230 people have filled Wauwatosa City Hall and there's still more than 20 minutes before a special meeting to revote on ratifying union contracts begins.
People started showing up at 4 p.m., but the council chamber wasn't opened until 5:30 p.m. At that point at long line of people filed in, filling every seat in the chambers. Capacity of 172 has been reached, and an overflow room is standing-room only.
Police and Fire officials are providing security and making sure the crowd remains orderly. The council members have not yet arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events
- Block Legal Services opens in Wauwatosa
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events