A 35-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for child neglect after he was found lying on his floor intoxicated and incoherent at his home on North 68th Street last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The mother of his two daughters, ages 4 and 8, received a call reporting the older child hadn't shown up for school that day. When the mother arrived at the man's home at 9:25 a.m. April 11 she found him on the floor unable to function or communicate. Two large bottles of vodka were found within reach, nearly empty.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.498, a level that can prove fatal. Paramedics took him to Froedtert Hospital because he remained in a semiconscious state.
Police described the home as unclean. The daughters told officers that their father had gotten sick several times during the night, fell off the couch and toilet several times and drank heavily. They had to make dinner and breakfast and put themselves to bed and he couldn't take them to school.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (1)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center (2)