A 35-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for child neglect after he was found lying on his floor intoxicated and incoherent at his home on North 68th Street last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The mother of his two daughters, ages 4 and 8, received a call reporting the older child hadn't shown up for school that day. When the mother arrived at the man's home at 9:25 a.m. April 11 she found him on the floor unable to function or communicate. Two large bottles of vodka were found within reach, nearly empty.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.498, a level that can prove fatal. Paramedics took him to Froedtert Hospital because he remained in a semiconscious state.
Police described the home as unclean. The daughters told officers that their father had gotten sick several times during the night, fell off the couch and toilet several times and drank heavily. They had to make dinner and breakfast and put themselves to bed and he couldn't take them to school.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes