A 35-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for child neglect after he was found lying on his floor intoxicated and incoherent at his home on North 68th Street last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The mother of his two daughters, ages 4 and 8, received a call reporting the older child hadn't shown up for school that day. When the mother arrived at the man's home at 9:25 a.m. April 11 she found him on the floor unable to function or communicate. Two large bottles of vodka were found within reach, nearly empty.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.498, a level that can prove fatal. Paramedics took him to Froedtert Hospital because he remained in a semiconscious state.
Police described the home as unclean. The daughters told officers that their father had gotten sick several times during the night, fell off the couch and toilet several times and drank heavily. They had to make dinner and breakfast and put themselves to bed and he couldn't take them to school.
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Roznowski, Calarco, voting in schools, abandoned dog
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 5
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village