A forklift was struck by a train this morning at 70th and State streets, but its operator was able to maneuver himself enough to escape personal injury, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The man is part of the crew working on bridge reconstruction there. He was moving a pallet of concrete blocks when the forklift got stuck on the tracks. As the train approached, he was able to turn the forklift enough to get himself out of the train's path.
He suffered only minor injuries and declined an ambulance.
The scene is now clear and traffic is running smoothly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31