A forklift was struck by a train this morning at 70th and State streets, but its operator was able to maneuver himself enough to escape personal injury, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The man is part of the crew working on bridge reconstruction there. He was moving a pallet of concrete blocks when the forklift got stuck on the tracks. As the train approached, he was able to turn the forklift enough to get himself out of the train's path.
He suffered only minor injuries and declined an ambulance.
The scene is now clear and traffic is running smoothly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings