A forklift was struck by a train this morning at 70th and State streets, but its operator was able to maneuver himself enough to escape personal injury, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The man is part of the crew working on bridge reconstruction there. He was moving a pallet of concrete blocks when the forklift got stuck on the tracks. As the train approached, he was able to turn the forklift enough to get himself out of the train's path.
He suffered only minor injuries and declined an ambulance.
The scene is now clear and traffic is running smoothly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa