A team of five Wauwatosa Fire Department car seat installation technicians has been nominated for an annual safety award from Safe Kids of Southeast Wisconsin.
The department was nominated in the Super Tech category because its team of two to three certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians last year conducted 210 car seat checks. There also was recognition of the department's commitment to adding to its team and providing its facilities as training sites.
The New Berlin and Cudahy fire departments and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, as well several private groups and individuals, also have been nominated.
Winners will be announced at a recognition breakfast Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School