A team of five Wauwatosa Fire Department car seat installation technicians has been nominated for an annual safety award from Safe Kids of Southeast Wisconsin.
The department was nominated in the Super Tech category because its team of two to three certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians last year conducted 210 car seat checks. There also was recognition of the department's commitment to adding to its team and providing its facilities as training sites.
The New Berlin and Cudahy fire departments and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, as well several private groups and individuals, also have been nominated.
Winners will be announced at a recognition breakfast Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member (20)
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine