A team of five Wauwatosa Fire Department car seat installation technicians has been nominated for an annual safety award from Safe Kids of Southeast Wisconsin.
The department was nominated in the Super Tech category because its team of two to three certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians last year conducted 210 car seat checks. There also was recognition of the department's commitment to adding to its team and providing its facilities as training sites.
The New Berlin and Cudahy fire departments and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, as well several private groups and individuals, also have been nominated.
Winners will be announced at a recognition breakfast Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 3
- Hart Park gears up for a busy December
- Wauwatosa West student recognized for photography
- In Brief: Dec. 3
- Election 2016: Ballot roundup for Wauwatosa's spring elections
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames