A team of five Wauwatosa Fire Department car seat installation technicians has been nominated for an annual safety award from Safe Kids of Southeast Wisconsin.
The department was nominated in the Super Tech category because its team of two to three certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians last year conducted 210 car seat checks. There also was recognition of the department's commitment to adding to its team and providing its facilities as training sites.
The New Berlin and Cudahy fire departments and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, as well several private groups and individuals, also have been nominated.
Winners will be announced at a recognition breakfast Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94