Milwaukee County residents are urged to pitch in to clear parks, roadways and rivers of litter and junk during the Keep America Beautiful 2011 Great American Cleanup on Saturday.
Individuals and groups can volunteer at sites along the Menomonee River in Wauwatosa from 9 a.m. to noon. Cleanup supplies will be provided, but participants should bring gloves.
Work sites are as follows:
• Harley Woods, meet at Capitol Drive and Menomonee River Parkway (off Highway 45) on the northwest intersection on the grass
• Honey Creek, 135 S. 84th St., at the CH2M Hill parking lot
• Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 8 a.m.
• Jacobus Park, 6501 W Hillside Lane, behind the pavilion
• Menomonee River Parkway and Burleigh Street
• Menomonee River Parkway and Hampton Avenue, across the street from Unity Church, 4750 N. Mayfair Road
• Menomonee River Parkway and North Avenue
• Underwood Creek Parkway at the parking lot of 115th Street and Watertown Plank Road
To register, go to kgmb.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glider shootoff reinforces Physics of Flight lessons
- Join Wauwatosa NOW on Facebook
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- New ID checks in place at Tosa West High
- School district to benefit from the closure of a TIF
- News & Notes: Dec. 18
- In Our Schools: Dec. 19
- Police Report: Dec. 18
- 7th District aldermanic seat draws another candidate
- Wauwatosa police object to idea that would limit use of license-plate imaging technology