Milwaukee County residents are urged to pitch in to clear parks, roadways and rivers of litter and junk during the Keep America Beautiful 2011 Great American Cleanup on Saturday.
Individuals and groups can volunteer at sites along the Menomonee River in Wauwatosa from 9 a.m. to noon. Cleanup supplies will be provided, but participants should bring gloves.
Work sites are as follows:
• Harley Woods, meet at Capitol Drive and Menomonee River Parkway (off Highway 45) on the northwest intersection on the grass
• Honey Creek, 135 S. 84th St., at the CH2M Hill parking lot
• Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 8 a.m.
• Jacobus Park, 6501 W Hillside Lane, behind the pavilion
• Menomonee River Parkway and Burleigh Street
• Menomonee River Parkway and Hampton Avenue, across the street from Unity Church, 4750 N. Mayfair Road
• Menomonee River Parkway and North Avenue
• Underwood Creek Parkway at the parking lot of 115th Street and Watertown Plank Road
To register, go to kgmb.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options