Milwaukee County residents are urged to pitch in to clear parks, roadways and rivers of litter and junk during the Keep America Beautiful 2011 Great American Cleanup on Saturday.
Individuals and groups can volunteer at sites along the Menomonee River in Wauwatosa from 9 a.m. to noon. Cleanup supplies will be provided, but participants should bring gloves.
Work sites are as follows:
• Harley Woods, meet at Capitol Drive and Menomonee River Parkway (off Highway 45) on the northwest intersection on the grass
• Honey Creek, 135 S. 84th St., at the CH2M Hill parking lot
• Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 8 a.m.
• Jacobus Park, 6501 W Hillside Lane, behind the pavilion
• Menomonee River Parkway and Burleigh Street
• Menomonee River Parkway and Hampton Avenue, across the street from Unity Church, 4750 N. Mayfair Road
• Menomonee River Parkway and North Avenue
• Underwood Creek Parkway at the parking lot of 115th Street and Watertown Plank Road
To register, go to kgmb.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28