Milwaukee County residents are urged to pitch in to clear parks, roadways and rivers of litter and junk during the Keep America Beautiful 2011 Great American Cleanup on Saturday.
Individuals and groups can volunteer at sites along the Menomonee River in Wauwatosa from 9 a.m. to noon. Cleanup supplies will be provided, but participants should bring gloves.
Work sites are as follows:
• Harley Woods, meet at Capitol Drive and Menomonee River Parkway (off Highway 45) on the northwest intersection on the grass
• Honey Creek, 135 S. 84th St., at the CH2M Hill parking lot
• Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 8 a.m.
• Jacobus Park, 6501 W Hillside Lane, behind the pavilion
• Menomonee River Parkway and Burleigh Street
• Menomonee River Parkway and Hampton Avenue, across the street from Unity Church, 4750 N. Mayfair Road
• Menomonee River Parkway and North Avenue
• Underwood Creek Parkway at the parking lot of 115th Street and Watertown Plank Road
To register, go to kgmb.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?