A 63-year-old man partying in a local hotel before moving out of state caused hotel management to suspect prostitution was occurring.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police were called to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 10499 Innovation Drive, after an argument broke out in a guest room at 5 a.m. April 4. The man had rented a room and invited a woman he had met via a telephone personals service to visit him. The meeting led to a conflict about money and sex, with the man saying he hadn't hired a prostitute.
Hotel management again called police about 8 p.m. when the man escorted his third or fourth female companion into the hotel within a 20-hour period. They wanted him removed from the property because the business doesn't condone such behavior.
His companion was a 19-year-old woman from Zion, Ill. They also had met via the telephone party line. He said he had driven over the border and picked her up for a date, and he would be taking her home soon. A search of the woman's purse turned up 3.65 grams of marijuana, so she was arrested for drug possession.
The man said he was moving to Arizona in a few days and wanted to have some fun until then.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa