A 63-year-old man partying in a local hotel before moving out of state caused hotel management to suspect prostitution was occurring.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police were called to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 10499 Innovation Drive, after an argument broke out in a guest room at 5 a.m. April 4. The man had rented a room and invited a woman he had met via a telephone personals service to visit him. The meeting led to a conflict about money and sex, with the man saying he hadn't hired a prostitute.
Hotel management again called police about 8 p.m. when the man escorted his third or fourth female companion into the hotel within a 20-hour period. They wanted him removed from the property because the business doesn't condone such behavior.
His companion was a 19-year-old woman from Zion, Ill. They also had met via the telephone party line. He said he had driven over the border and picked her up for a date, and he would be taking her home soon. A search of the woman's purse turned up 3.65 grams of marijuana, so she was arrested for drug possession.
The man said he was moving to Arizona in a few days and wanted to have some fun until then.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30