Massage Envy, a national massage chain, has chosen Wauwatosa for its next location.
The business, which already operates five establishments in the Milwaukee area, plans to occupy a storefront next to Flat-Top Grill at One Mayfair Place, 2751 N. Mayfair Road.
A representative for Massage Envy told the Plan Commission tonight that 25 to 30 people would work for the business.
Alderman Jeff Roznowski, who represents the district, called it "a nice fill to the space." He looked at reviews and researched the chain, because the city has had problems with the owner of another massage business, Milwaukee's Best Massage, elsewhere on Mayfair Road.
"Every indication is that this is a very positive business," he said.
The Plan Commission unanimously recommended issuing a permit to Massage Envy. Any massage business wanting to operate within the city must get a permit.
The Community Development Committee will take up the request April 26.
Salon/spa Knockouts already offers massage services within the One Mayfair Place commercial center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad