Massage Envy, a national massage chain, has chosen Wauwatosa for its next location.
The business, which already operates five establishments in the Milwaukee area, plans to occupy a storefront next to Flat-Top Grill at One Mayfair Place, 2751 N. Mayfair Road.
A representative for Massage Envy told the Plan Commission tonight that 25 to 30 people would work for the business.
Alderman Jeff Roznowski, who represents the district, called it "a nice fill to the space." He looked at reviews and researched the chain, because the city has had problems with the owner of another massage business, Milwaukee's Best Massage, elsewhere on Mayfair Road.
"Every indication is that this is a very positive business," he said.
The Plan Commission unanimously recommended issuing a permit to Massage Envy. Any massage business wanting to operate within the city must get a permit.
The Community Development Committee will take up the request April 26.
Salon/spa Knockouts already offers massage services within the One Mayfair Place commercial center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School