Police put a stop to a party where it is believed more than 50 people were drinking underage and doing drugs, but attendees got away before any arrests could be made.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer responded to a tip about a few teens drinking beer outside a home in the 8100 block of Stickney Avenue about 11:30 p.m. April 2. When he arrived, he saw people run inside and heard people yelling that the cops had arrived and the doors should be locked.
As the officer called for backup, numerous party-goers ran out the back, through neighboring yards or to waiting cars.
Four girls - ages 15 and 16 - were stopped, and they told the officer about 50 to 60 people ranging in ages from 14 to 20 had been the house and that many had been drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and using prescription drugs.
The girls had not been drinking, but they were reprimanded for loitering in the presence of alcohol and drugs, and for violating curfew.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19