Police put a stop to a party where it is believed more than 50 people were drinking underage and doing drugs, but attendees got away before any arrests could be made.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer responded to a tip about a few teens drinking beer outside a home in the 8100 block of Stickney Avenue about 11:30 p.m. April 2. When he arrived, he saw people run inside and heard people yelling that the cops had arrived and the doors should be locked.
As the officer called for backup, numerous party-goers ran out the back, through neighboring yards or to waiting cars.
Four girls - ages 15 and 16 - were stopped, and they told the officer about 50 to 60 people ranging in ages from 14 to 20 had been the house and that many had been drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and using prescription drugs.
The girls had not been drinking, but they were reprimanded for loitering in the presence of alcohol and drugs, and for violating curfew.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26