Habanero's Mexican Kitchen wants to more than double its outdoor seating in preparation for Wisconsin's warmer weather months.
Plans submitted to the city's Community Development Department call for adding 36 spots to the existing 28 outdoor seats at the restaurant, 869 N. Mayfair Road.
"The existing outdoor seating is very popular and often has a wait during good weather," said Edward Bushman, president of general contractor Victor Construction, which initially constructed the restaurant. "Habanero's always strives to keep their patrons satisfied, and many (customers) have suggested it."
Bushman will appear before the Plan Commission on Monday to request a conditional-use permit, which is required of any establishment that wants to put seating outside its building.
If the commission, other committees and eventually the Common Council approve the plans, patio construction could be complete in early June, he said.
The exterior enhancements come shortly after interior renovations were done to give the eatery more of a sports bar feel.
Along with seating changes, Habanero's added several large-screen televisions and made sound system changes, Bushman said.
"This was completed just prior to March madness. They also are working on menu changes to keep things fresh."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (2)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28