Habanero's Mexican Kitchen wants to more than double its outdoor seating in preparation for Wisconsin's warmer weather months.
Plans submitted to the city's Community Development Department call for adding 36 spots to the existing 28 outdoor seats at the restaurant, 869 N. Mayfair Road.
"The existing outdoor seating is very popular and often has a wait during good weather," said Edward Bushman, president of general contractor Victor Construction, which initially constructed the restaurant. "Habanero's always strives to keep their patrons satisfied, and many (customers) have suggested it."
Bushman will appear before the Plan Commission on Monday to request a conditional-use permit, which is required of any establishment that wants to put seating outside its building.
If the commission, other committees and eventually the Common Council approve the plans, patio construction could be complete in early June, he said.
The exterior enhancements come shortly after interior renovations were done to give the eatery more of a sports bar feel.
Along with seating changes, Habanero's added several large-screen televisions and made sound system changes, Bushman said.
"This was completed just prior to March madness. They also are working on menu changes to keep things fresh."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field
- Biz Buzz: Phase 2 Skateshop; Twirly Birds
- Twirly Birds vintage and hand-craft store moves to Waukesha
- Paving complete on North Avenue