Wauwatosa voters cast more ballots for Republican candidates than Democrat on Tuesday.
Nearly 54 percent of Tosa voters chose Rep. Jeff Stone, R-Greendale, to fill the Milwaukee County executive position for the next year. However, the majority of the county picked competitor Chris Abele.
There were no contested municipal or School Board races. Alderman Jeff Roznowski will fulfill the final year of former District 6 representative Thomas Herzog's term.
Voter turnout in the city was 52.4 percent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23