Wauwatosa voters cast more ballots for Republican candidates than Democrat on Tuesday.
Nearly 54 percent of Tosa voters chose Rep. Jeff Stone, R-Greendale, to fill the Milwaukee County executive position for the next year. However, the majority of the county picked competitor Chris Abele.
There were no contested municipal or School Board races. Alderman Jeff Roznowski will fulfill the final year of former District 6 representative Thomas Herzog's term.
Voter turnout in the city was 52.4 percent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series