Wauwatosa voters cast more ballots for Republican candidates than Democrat on Tuesday.
Nearly 54 percent of Tosa voters chose Rep. Jeff Stone, R-Greendale, to fill the Milwaukee County executive position for the next year. However, the majority of the county picked competitor Chris Abele.
There were no contested municipal or School Board races. Alderman Jeff Roznowski will fulfill the final year of former District 6 representative Thomas Herzog's term.
Voter turnout in the city was 52.4 percent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vape Haven rejected by Common Council
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 18
- Wauwatosa West has 11 National Merit semifinalists; Tosa East shut out
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 18
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa