A purse containing nearly 65 grams of marijuana was left at a cell phone retailer's kiosk at Mayfair Mall on Saturday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
T-Mobile had been busy, so when an employee noticed about 2 p.m. that a purse was left on the counter, he didn't know who had left it behind. He opened the handbag to look for identification but only found makeup and pot.
The drugs had been divvied up into more than 30 plastic bags, a common practice for dealers. The employee turned the purse and its contents over to mall security, which in turn gave the marijuana to police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority