A purse containing nearly 65 grams of marijuana was left at a cell phone retailer's kiosk at Mayfair Mall on Saturday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
T-Mobile had been busy, so when an employee noticed about 2 p.m. that a purse was left on the counter, he didn't know who had left it behind. He opened the handbag to look for identification but only found makeup and pot.
The drugs had been divvied up into more than 30 plastic bags, a common practice for dealers. The employee turned the purse and its contents over to mall security, which in turn gave the marijuana to police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools