A 19-year-old man was hit in the head with an air-pellet gun designed to look like a real handgun outside McDonald's about 11:25 p.m. Friday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was trying to calm his father, who was upset over a family problem, when another man standing with a group of people in the McDonald's parking lot, 3131 N. Mayfair Road, made some rude comments. The 19-year-old told the man to mind his own business, and they exchanged words. He was taken by surprise when the man hit him in the back of the head with an object.
The victim's mother and friend saw him get hit and fall to the ground. He told his mother his head hurt and that she should call for help. His head was bleeding and paramedics treated him at the scene.
Meanwhile, the friend ran after the assailant, but he eventually lost him.
The mother noticed a handgun on the ground near her son. It was a realistic-looking, plastic air-pellet gun with a removable magazine to add to its authenticity.
The group of people the assailant had been talking with had been gathered around a vehicle that belonged to a manager. Two more of the same guns were seen on the front seat.
The manager said several of her children and nephews had been hanging around the restaurant and were in and out of the building throughout the evening. Her 16-year-old nephew said the two guns from the car belonged to him and his 3-year-old brother, but they denied owning the gun used in the battery.
No arrests have been made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download