A 19-year-old man was hit in the head with an air-pellet gun designed to look like a real handgun outside McDonald's about 11:25 p.m. Friday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was trying to calm his father, who was upset over a family problem, when another man standing with a group of people in the McDonald's parking lot, 3131 N. Mayfair Road, made some rude comments. The 19-year-old told the man to mind his own business, and they exchanged words. He was taken by surprise when the man hit him in the back of the head with an object.
The victim's mother and friend saw him get hit and fall to the ground. He told his mother his head hurt and that she should call for help. His head was bleeding and paramedics treated him at the scene.
Meanwhile, the friend ran after the assailant, but he eventually lost him.
The mother noticed a handgun on the ground near her son. It was a realistic-looking, plastic air-pellet gun with a removable magazine to add to its authenticity.
The group of people the assailant had been talking with had been gathered around a vehicle that belonged to a manager. Two more of the same guns were seen on the front seat.
The manager said several of her children and nephews had been hanging around the restaurant and were in and out of the building throughout the evening. Her 16-year-old nephew said the two guns from the car belonged to him and his 3-year-old brother, but they denied owning the gun used in the battery.
No arrests have been made.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!