Wauwatosa police arrested a 37-year-old West Allis woman for driving while under the influence of drugs March 23 after her vehicle struck a traffic pole on Mayfair Road.
According to the police report:
A hit-and-run collision occurred in the 800 block of North Mayfair Road about 4 p.m. March 23. Witnesses said a truck struck a traffic pole, knocking it down, and then drove to a parking lot in the 10700 block of Research Drive.
Witnesses followed the woman to the parking lot, and when officers made contact with her, she said she had nodded off because she had taken two Vicodin pills and one-and-a-half Xanax pills earlier in the day. Police found a 3.5-inch pipe near where the woman had been hiding in the parking lot, but when confronted with it, the woman said, "I smoke crack, but I don't use that kind of pipe."
The woman then told police she had smoked crack three days earlier.
Blood was drawn to determine the woman's level of intoxication. She also was cited for inattentive driving.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?