Wauwatosa police arrested a 37-year-old West Allis woman for driving while under the influence of drugs March 23 after her vehicle struck a traffic pole on Mayfair Road.
According to the police report:
A hit-and-run collision occurred in the 800 block of North Mayfair Road about 4 p.m. March 23. Witnesses said a truck struck a traffic pole, knocking it down, and then drove to a parking lot in the 10700 block of Research Drive.
Witnesses followed the woman to the parking lot, and when officers made contact with her, she said she had nodded off because she had taken two Vicodin pills and one-and-a-half Xanax pills earlier in the day. Police found a 3.5-inch pipe near where the woman had been hiding in the parking lot, but when confronted with it, the woman said, "I smoke crack, but I don't use that kind of pipe."
The woman then told police she had smoked crack three days earlier.
Blood was drawn to determine the woman's level of intoxication. She also was cited for inattentive driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Department joins Facebook for more than just 'friends'