Wauwatosa police arrested a 37-year-old West Allis woman for driving while under the influence of drugs March 23 after her vehicle struck a traffic pole on Mayfair Road.
According to the police report:
A hit-and-run collision occurred in the 800 block of North Mayfair Road about 4 p.m. March 23. Witnesses said a truck struck a traffic pole, knocking it down, and then drove to a parking lot in the 10700 block of Research Drive.
Witnesses followed the woman to the parking lot, and when officers made contact with her, she said she had nodded off because she had taken two Vicodin pills and one-and-a-half Xanax pills earlier in the day. Police found a 3.5-inch pipe near where the woman had been hiding in the parking lot, but when confronted with it, the woman said, "I smoke crack, but I don't use that kind of pipe."
The woman then told police she had smoked crack three days earlier.
Blood was drawn to determine the woman's level of intoxication. She also was cited for inattentive driving.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern