A 35-year-old Milwaukee man who wouldn't leave a Wauwatosa home this weekend has been charged with a state count of vandalism in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
David J. Spiva and a friend went to a home in the 4200 block of North 95th Street on March 27 to watch some basketball in the homeowner's basement. Spiva had been drinking, and about 1 a.m. he began shouting at the homeowner and refused to leave.
Spiva then punched through a glass coffee table and got into a physical confrontation with the homeowner. During the fight, the two men traded punches, with Spiva receiving several blows to the face. A downstairs wall was damaged during the fight.
Spiva was then dragged upstairs and out of the house, and he and the other guest left. Police made contact with the two near Burleigh and Lisbon roads a short time later, and Spiva was arrested and taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22