Come rain, snow or sunshine, a Little Caesar's employee has stood on the corner of Wauwatosa Avenue promoting pizza sales with a bright orange sign.
Visitors to the Village are noticing his absence and the empty storefront formerly occupied by the pizza chain in the Village Faire plaza shared by popular businesses including Starbucks and Baskin-Robbins.
Little Caesar's lease expires Thursday and the eatery vacated the space early.
"We were not able to negotiate a new lease moving forward," said Kevin Hannan, assistant property manager for Siegel-Gallagher Management Co., agent for the property owner.
Calls have been placed to the pizza chain's corporate offices to determine if this Wauwatosa shop will relocate. Little Caesar's has operated from Village Faire for 17 years.
Hannan said there are no prospective tenants considering this space.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting
- Business Spotlight: Jenny Kyle Smith hits the sweet spot after years of struggle
- Hart Park Senior Center in Wauwatosa having a busy month
- In Our Schools: Feb. 11