Public Forum: U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, state Sen. Leah Vukmir and state Rep. Dale Kooyenga's comments about the vocal reception received at the recent gathering at the Wauwatosa library clearly call into question their ability to function objectively as representatives for the people of Wisconsin. They made a cowardly retreat instead of listening to what was being said. What they do not either know or admit is that the behavior of the Republican Party is now orchestrated by Carl Rove, who wrote of his intention to create a 20-year dynasty of the party, eliminating any opposition. The issue of the right to collective bargaining is a smoke screen for the agenda of bankrupting the labor unions in the fight over bargaining so that none will be able to contribute money to the Democrats in 2012. The extent to which the party will go in Wisconsin is the passage in the dead of night of the "repair" bill without being read by the Republicans who voted on it. May God have mercy on us. Ross E. Carter Wauwatosa
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26