Public Forum: U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, state Sen. Leah Vukmir and state Rep. Dale Kooyenga's comments about the vocal reception received at the recent gathering at the Wauwatosa library clearly call into question their ability to function objectively as representatives for the people of Wisconsin. They made a cowardly retreat instead of listening to what was being said. What they do not either know or admit is that the behavior of the Republican Party is now orchestrated by Carl Rove, who wrote of his intention to create a 20-year dynasty of the party, eliminating any opposition. The issue of the right to collective bargaining is a smoke screen for the agenda of bankrupting the labor unions in the fight over bargaining so that none will be able to contribute money to the Democrats in 2012. The extent to which the party will go in Wisconsin is the passage in the dead of night of the "repair" bill without being read by the Republicans who voted on it. May God have mercy on us. Ross E. Carter Wauwatosa
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike