A woman was robbed of her purse while standing in her Wauwatosa garage Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled her vehicle into the garage in the 6500 block West Lloyd Street about 8 p.m. Saturday and noticed a man walking toward her. As she exited her car, he said, "Give me your purse."
His hand was in his pocket. While he didn't mention a weapon, his actions implied he had a gun, the victim said.
She followed his direction and turned over the purse. Then he ordered her back into her vehicle while he ran off.
She described the robber as a black man with a light complexion in his late 20s. He was about 6 feet to 6-foot-2. He had a scarf covering most of his face and was wearing a stocking hat and baggy dark jacket and pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum