A woman was robbed of her purse while standing in her Wauwatosa garage Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled her vehicle into the garage in the 6500 block West Lloyd Street about 8 p.m. Saturday and noticed a man walking toward her. As she exited her car, he said, "Give me your purse."
His hand was in his pocket. While he didn't mention a weapon, his actions implied he had a gun, the victim said.
She followed his direction and turned over the purse. Then he ordered her back into her vehicle while he ran off.
She described the robber as a black man with a light complexion in his late 20s. He was about 6 feet to 6-foot-2. He had a scarf covering most of his face and was wearing a stocking hat and baggy dark jacket and pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000