A woman was robbed of her purse while standing in her Wauwatosa garage Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled her vehicle into the garage in the 6500 block West Lloyd Street about 8 p.m. Saturday and noticed a man walking toward her. As she exited her car, he said, "Give me your purse."
His hand was in his pocket. While he didn't mention a weapon, his actions implied he had a gun, the victim said.
She followed his direction and turned over the purse. Then he ordered her back into her vehicle while he ran off.
She described the robber as a black man with a light complexion in his late 20s. He was about 6 feet to 6-foot-2. He had a scarf covering most of his face and was wearing a stocking hat and baggy dark jacket and pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director