A woman was robbed of her purse while standing in her Wauwatosa garage Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled her vehicle into the garage in the 6500 block West Lloyd Street about 8 p.m. Saturday and noticed a man walking toward her. As she exited her car, he said, "Give me your purse."
His hand was in his pocket. While he didn't mention a weapon, his actions implied he had a gun, the victim said.
She followed his direction and turned over the purse. Then he ordered her back into her vehicle while he ran off.
She described the robber as a black man with a light complexion in his late 20s. He was about 6 feet to 6-foot-2. He had a scarf covering most of his face and was wearing a stocking hat and baggy dark jacket and pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern