A woman was robbed of her purse while standing in her Wauwatosa garage Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner pulled her vehicle into the garage in the 6500 block West Lloyd Street about 8 p.m. Saturday and noticed a man walking toward her. As she exited her car, he said, "Give me your purse."
His hand was in his pocket. While he didn't mention a weapon, his actions implied he had a gun, the victim said.
She followed his direction and turned over the purse. Then he ordered her back into her vehicle while he ran off.
She described the robber as a black man with a light complexion in his late 20s. He was about 6 feet to 6-foot-2. He had a scarf covering most of his face and was wearing a stocking hat and baggy dark jacket and pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Aug. 7
- Woman leaves dog in hot car, charged with animal cruelty
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers