Wauwatosa police seized more than 20 grams of marijuana and numerous pieces of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop early this morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A broken brake light led an officer to pull over a vehicle at North Avenue and Menomonee River Parkway at 12:45 a.m. Immediately, the officer smelled marijuana and noticed bags filled with pot strewn across the backseat.
The driver, a 21-year-old Brookfield man, was arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver. Police seized 20.41 grams of drugs, High Times magazine and cigar wrappers, a scale and grinder, which are typical drug dealing tools.
The front-seat passenger, a 20-year-old Port Washington man, was arrested for drug paraphernalia possession after a bong was found in the glove compartment.
The backseat passenger, a 21-year-old Pewaukee man, was arrested for marijuana possession and violating probation. He tried to conceal a pill bottle filled with drugs between his knees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands