Wauwatosa police seized more than 20 grams of marijuana and numerous pieces of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop early this morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A broken brake light led an officer to pull over a vehicle at North Avenue and Menomonee River Parkway at 12:45 a.m. Immediately, the officer smelled marijuana and noticed bags filled with pot strewn across the backseat.
The driver, a 21-year-old Brookfield man, was arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver. Police seized 20.41 grams of drugs, High Times magazine and cigar wrappers, a scale and grinder, which are typical drug dealing tools.
The front-seat passenger, a 20-year-old Port Washington man, was arrested for drug paraphernalia possession after a bong was found in the glove compartment.
The backseat passenger, a 21-year-old Pewaukee man, was arrested for marijuana possession and violating probation. He tried to conceal a pill bottle filled with drugs between his knees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words