Wauwatosa police seized more than 20 grams of marijuana and numerous pieces of drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop early this morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A broken brake light led an officer to pull over a vehicle at North Avenue and Menomonee River Parkway at 12:45 a.m. Immediately, the officer smelled marijuana and noticed bags filled with pot strewn across the backseat.
The driver, a 21-year-old Brookfield man, was arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver. Police seized 20.41 grams of drugs, High Times magazine and cigar wrappers, a scale and grinder, which are typical drug dealing tools.
The front-seat passenger, a 20-year-old Port Washington man, was arrested for drug paraphernalia possession after a bong was found in the glove compartment.
The backseat passenger, a 21-year-old Pewaukee man, was arrested for marijuana possession and violating probation. He tried to conceal a pill bottle filled with drugs between his knees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download