It took two shocks from a Taser before a 55-year-old Milwaukee man complied with an officer's commands last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he spit on, threatened to kill and tried to punch a gas station clerk at BP, 7532 W. Center St., at 4:48 p.m. March 7. When an officer arrived, the man was standing outside the convenience store yelling and clenching his fists.
He refused to follow an officer's orders to put his hands on his vehicle. The man claimed he was a federal agent working a case and his cover was being blown, but there was no evidence to support that. He tried to walk away and when the officer tried to stop him he went into a fighting stance. The officer used an electronic control device, but the suspect tried to get up again so a second electroshock was delivered. The second blast caused him to defecate in his pants.
He was taken to Wisconsin Heart Hospital for medical clearance, then to a mental health facility because of homicidal and delusional comments he made. He said he was trained in the military as a hired assassin and he didn't like Middle Easterners. Later, the man said the clerk was dating a member of his family and he was not happy about it.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School