A man took a case of laundry detergent from Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road on Saturday morning, and tried to return for another load that afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man pushed a cart filled with 48 bottles of detergent out to his car at 7:44 a.m. Saturday. Police ran the license plate number and followed up at his home, where officers learned he had stolen his mother's car and that he used drugs.
The man again showed up at the grocery store at 1:55 p.m. and attempted to steal another case, but a manager recognized him. When the manager tried to stop him, the man pushed his cart toward cars. The manager stopped the cart before it caused damage, but the man drove off.
At 2:39 p.m., a man matching the suspect's description took a stereo from Kmart. As he backed out, his car struck a security guard that was trying to stop him. The employee was not injured, but she said she believed he struck her on purpose.
The man had not been caught as of Wednesday morning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?