A man took a case of laundry detergent from Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road on Saturday morning, and tried to return for another load that afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man pushed a cart filled with 48 bottles of detergent out to his car at 7:44 a.m. Saturday. Police ran the license plate number and followed up at his home, where officers learned he had stolen his mother's car and that he used drugs.
The man again showed up at the grocery store at 1:55 p.m. and attempted to steal another case, but a manager recognized him. When the manager tried to stop him, the man pushed his cart toward cars. The manager stopped the cart before it caused damage, but the man drove off.
At 2:39 p.m., a man matching the suspect's description took a stereo from Kmart. As he backed out, his car struck a security guard that was trying to stop him. The employee was not injured, but she said she believed he struck her on purpose.
The man had not been caught as of Wednesday morning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'