A man took a case of laundry detergent from Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road on Saturday morning, and tried to return for another load that afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man pushed a cart filled with 48 bottles of detergent out to his car at 7:44 a.m. Saturday. Police ran the license plate number and followed up at his home, where officers learned he had stolen his mother's car and that he used drugs.
The man again showed up at the grocery store at 1:55 p.m. and attempted to steal another case, but a manager recognized him. When the manager tried to stop him, the man pushed his cart toward cars. The manager stopped the cart before it caused damage, but the man drove off.
At 2:39 p.m., a man matching the suspect's description took a stereo from Kmart. As he backed out, his car struck a security guard that was trying to stop him. The employee was not injured, but she said she believed he struck her on purpose.
The man had not been caught as of Wednesday morning.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (12)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes