A man took a case of laundry detergent from Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road on Saturday morning, and tried to return for another load that afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man pushed a cart filled with 48 bottles of detergent out to his car at 7:44 a.m. Saturday. Police ran the license plate number and followed up at his home, where officers learned he had stolen his mother's car and that he used drugs.
The man again showed up at the grocery store at 1:55 p.m. and attempted to steal another case, but a manager recognized him. When the manager tried to stop him, the man pushed his cart toward cars. The manager stopped the cart before it caused damage, but the man drove off.
At 2:39 p.m., a man matching the suspect's description took a stereo from Kmart. As he backed out, his car struck a security guard that was trying to stop him. The employee was not injured, but she said she believed he struck her on purpose.
The man had not been caught as of Wednesday morning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa