A man took a case of laundry detergent from Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road on Saturday morning, and tried to return for another load that afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man pushed a cart filled with 48 bottles of detergent out to his car at 7:44 a.m. Saturday. Police ran the license plate number and followed up at his home, where officers learned he had stolen his mother's car and that he used drugs.
The man again showed up at the grocery store at 1:55 p.m. and attempted to steal another case, but a manager recognized him. When the manager tried to stop him, the man pushed his cart toward cars. The manager stopped the cart before it caused damage, but the man drove off.
At 2:39 p.m., a man matching the suspect's description took a stereo from Kmart. As he backed out, his car struck a security guard that was trying to stop him. The employee was not injured, but she said she believed he struck her on purpose.
The man had not been caught as of Wednesday morning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series