A man took a case of laundry detergent from Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road on Saturday morning, and tried to return for another load that afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man pushed a cart filled with 48 bottles of detergent out to his car at 7:44 a.m. Saturday. Police ran the license plate number and followed up at his home, where officers learned he had stolen his mother's car and that he used drugs.
The man again showed up at the grocery store at 1:55 p.m. and attempted to steal another case, but a manager recognized him. When the manager tried to stop him, the man pushed his cart toward cars. The manager stopped the cart before it caused damage, but the man drove off.
At 2:39 p.m., a man matching the suspect's description took a stereo from Kmart. As he backed out, his car struck a security guard that was trying to stop him. The employee was not injured, but she said she believed he struck her on purpose.
The man had not been caught as of Wednesday morning.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94