A woman's nose was broken during a fight at Denny's early Friday morning, and officers ended up drawing a gun and using a stun gun while making arrests.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When an officer arrived at 2:51 a.m., a car was speeding away from the restaurant at 11155 W. North Ave. It stopped in the parking lot of a nearby hotel and three men got out. The officer drew his firearm and ordered them back into the vehicle several times, but they wouldn't comply.
Eventually, other officers came to provide back-up and the first officer used his electronic control device to stop a 25-year-old man from resisting arrest.
The man complained of injury from the stun gun, and a 23-year-old man had a cut to his forehead from the fight at Denny's. However, they refused aid from emergency medical providers.
The younger man had punched a 21-year-old woman with whom he had gotten into an argument at Denny's. They had met at a bar earlier in the evening and met up at the restaurant. They exchanged punches and he also pulled another woman by the hair.
He was arrested for battery. The 25-year-old was arrested for resisting an officer.
The injured woman was taken to Froedtert Hospital with bleeding and a broken nose, but she was also arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27