A woman's nose was broken during a fight at Denny's early Friday morning, and officers ended up drawing a gun and using a stun gun while making arrests.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When an officer arrived at 2:51 a.m., a car was speeding away from the restaurant at 11155 W. North Ave. It stopped in the parking lot of a nearby hotel and three men got out. The officer drew his firearm and ordered them back into the vehicle several times, but they wouldn't comply.
Eventually, other officers came to provide back-up and the first officer used his electronic control device to stop a 25-year-old man from resisting arrest.
The man complained of injury from the stun gun, and a 23-year-old man had a cut to his forehead from the fight at Denny's. However, they refused aid from emergency medical providers.
The younger man had punched a 21-year-old woman with whom he had gotten into an argument at Denny's. They had met at a bar earlier in the evening and met up at the restaurant. They exchanged punches and he also pulled another woman by the hair.
He was arrested for battery. The 25-year-old was arrested for resisting an officer.
The injured woman was taken to Froedtert Hospital with bleeding and a broken nose, but she was also arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting