A woman's nose was broken during a fight at Denny's early Friday morning, and officers ended up drawing a gun and using a stun gun while making arrests.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
When an officer arrived at 2:51 a.m., a car was speeding away from the restaurant at 11155 W. North Ave. It stopped in the parking lot of a nearby hotel and three men got out. The officer drew his firearm and ordered them back into the vehicle several times, but they wouldn't comply.
Eventually, other officers came to provide back-up and the first officer used his electronic control device to stop a 25-year-old man from resisting arrest.
The man complained of injury from the stun gun, and a 23-year-old man had a cut to his forehead from the fight at Denny's. However, they refused aid from emergency medical providers.
The younger man had punched a 21-year-old woman with whom he had gotten into an argument at Denny's. They had met at a bar earlier in the evening and met up at the restaurant. They exchanged punches and he also pulled another woman by the hair.
He was arrested for battery. The 25-year-old was arrested for resisting an officer.
The injured woman was taken to Froedtert Hospital with bleeding and a broken nose, but she was also arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School