Denise Lindberg will be recognized by the Wauwatosa Public Library Foundation for her leadership in getting the new Hoyt Park pool built.
Lindberg, executive director of the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool, has been tenacious in her efforts to bring a pool back to the park. The project required raising millions of dollars and working with architects and construction firms. Those efforts will pay off this summer when the Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park opens for its inaugural season.
She will receive the 2011 Arthur B. Kohasky Leadership Award during the foundation's annual luncheon April 7.
In addition to the pool, Lindberg was involved in forming Wauwatosa's neighborhood associations, and is a past president of the Neighborhood Association Council. Other community involvement includes Milwaukee Rowing Club and coaching youth in Odyssey of the Mind and Destination ImagiNation programs.
High school students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership also will be honored. They are Nicolette Bardele, Divine Savior Holy Angels; Leslie Dess, Wauwatosa East; Benjamin Hushek, Marquette; Ellyn Kirtley, Wauwatosa West; and Keelee Roggenbuck, Wisconsin Lutheran.
Best-selling author and New York Times DealBook editor, Andrew Ross Sorkin, will give the keynote address during the luncheon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. He wrote the book, "Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System - and Themselves" and he works as the Times' chief mergers and acquisitions reporter.
For information on tickets for the luncheon, which is a fundraiser for the foundation, call (414) 471-8487.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?