The city has mailed 393 delinquent tax notices for 2010 real estate property, totaling more than $2.7 million.
The total outstanding tax is a 5.3 percent increase over the previous year, said Derik Summerfield, interim treasurer.
Meanwhile, the amount of delinquent personal property tax - machinery, equipment, etc., belonging to business owners - went down 41 percent from 2009. For personal property tax, 196 delinquent notices were issued, for a total of $106,257.
Wauwatosa property taxes were due Jan. 31. However, taxpayers who chose an installment plan, which allows payments through May 31, are not considered delinquent at this time, Summerfield said.
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication