A 51-year-old Milwaukee man said he was removing dog hair when his car mounted the curb and hit objects along it Feb. 18.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man's vehicle mounted the curb, struck a parked car, drove along the sidewalk and hit a tree, garbage can and bench at 60th and Vliet streets at 5:01 p.m.
He had empty mini vodka bottles in his car and pockets and a bottle of compressed air in his hand. He said he had been removing dog hair from the dashboard while driving.
He was arrested for drunken driving and his BAC was 0.11. The vehicle had severe damage and was leaking fluids.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa