A 51-year-old Milwaukee man said he was removing dog hair when his car mounted the curb and hit objects along it Feb. 18.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man's vehicle mounted the curb, struck a parked car, drove along the sidewalk and hit a tree, garbage can and bench at 60th and Vliet streets at 5:01 p.m.
He had empty mini vodka bottles in his car and pockets and a bottle of compressed air in his hand. He said he had been removing dog hair from the dashboard while driving.
He was arrested for drunken driving and his BAC was 0.11. The vehicle had severe damage and was leaking fluids.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 12-18 (1)