A 51-year-old Milwaukee man said he was removing dog hair when his car mounted the curb and hit objects along it Feb. 18.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man's vehicle mounted the curb, struck a parked car, drove along the sidewalk and hit a tree, garbage can and bench at 60th and Vliet streets at 5:01 p.m.
He had empty mini vodka bottles in his car and pockets and a bottle of compressed air in his hand. He said he had been removing dog hair from the dashboard while driving.
He was arrested for drunken driving and his BAC was 0.11. The vehicle had severe damage and was leaking fluids.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.