A 51-year-old Milwaukee man said he was removing dog hair when his car mounted the curb and hit objects along it Feb. 18.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man's vehicle mounted the curb, struck a parked car, drove along the sidewalk and hit a tree, garbage can and bench at 60th and Vliet streets at 5:01 p.m.
He had empty mini vodka bottles in his car and pockets and a bottle of compressed air in his hand. He said he had been removing dog hair from the dashboard while driving.
He was arrested for drunken driving and his BAC was 0.11. The vehicle had severe damage and was leaking fluids.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94