A Wauwatosa man was arrested for drunken driving after he sideswiped a police car and drove off last week, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers were responding to an incident in the 1300 block of North 68th Street, with their squad car parked on the street, at 7:46 p.m. Feb. 16. They heard a crash and one of the officers saw a hit-and-run had occurred, leaving scrapes on the police vehicle.
The striking vehicle was found parked across two spaces at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St. The driver had gone inside to purchase a six-pack of beer. He was arrested when he returned to his vehicle.
The 29-year-old driver told officers he had been drinking at home and was making a run to the store to pick up more alcohol. His blood-alcohol content was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings