A Wauwatosa man was arrested for drunken driving after he sideswiped a police car and drove off last week, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers were responding to an incident in the 1300 block of North 68th Street, with their squad car parked on the street, at 7:46 p.m. Feb. 16. They heard a crash and one of the officers saw a hit-and-run had occurred, leaving scrapes on the police vehicle.
The striking vehicle was found parked across two spaces at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St. The driver had gone inside to purchase a six-pack of beer. He was arrested when he returned to his vehicle.
The 29-year-old driver told officers he had been drinking at home and was making a run to the store to pick up more alcohol. His blood-alcohol content was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1