A Wauwatosa man was arrested for drunken driving after he sideswiped a police car and drove off last week, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers were responding to an incident in the 1300 block of North 68th Street, with their squad car parked on the street, at 7:46 p.m. Feb. 16. They heard a crash and one of the officers saw a hit-and-run had occurred, leaving scrapes on the police vehicle.
The striking vehicle was found parked across two spaces at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St. The driver had gone inside to purchase a six-pack of beer. He was arrested when he returned to his vehicle.
The 29-year-old driver told officers he had been drinking at home and was making a run to the store to pick up more alcohol. His blood-alcohol content was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School