A Wauwatosa man was arrested for drunken driving after he sideswiped a police car and drove off last week, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers were responding to an incident in the 1300 block of North 68th Street, with their squad car parked on the street, at 7:46 p.m. Feb. 16. They heard a crash and one of the officers saw a hit-and-run had occurred, leaving scrapes on the police vehicle.
The striking vehicle was found parked across two spaces at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St. The driver had gone inside to purchase a six-pack of beer. He was arrested when he returned to his vehicle.
The 29-year-old driver told officers he had been drinking at home and was making a run to the store to pick up more alcohol. His blood-alcohol content was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000