A Wauwatosa man was arrested for drunken driving after he sideswiped a police car and drove off last week, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers were responding to an incident in the 1300 block of North 68th Street, with their squad car parked on the street, at 7:46 p.m. Feb. 16. They heard a crash and one of the officers saw a hit-and-run had occurred, leaving scrapes on the police vehicle.
The striking vehicle was found parked across two spaces at Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St. The driver had gone inside to purchase a six-pack of beer. He was arrested when he returned to his vehicle.
The 29-year-old driver told officers he had been drinking at home and was making a run to the store to pick up more alcohol. His blood-alcohol content was 0.21, nearly three times the legal limit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (7)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series