Wauwatosa Catholic School - the new school that will open this fall with the merger of St. Pius X and St. Bernard schools - has hired a principal.
Julie D'Amato, who now serves as the principal of Ronald Reagan College Preparatory High School in Milwaukee, will take the reins at Wauwatosa Catholic when the new school year starts.
D'Amato also has served as an adjunct professor of Mount Mary College.
Classes at the new school will be held in the St. Bernard building, 1500 Wauwatosa Ave., while athletics and other activities will be held at St. Pius X, 2520 Wauwatosa Ave.
The school will offer 3-year-old kindergarten through grade eight, and about 200 students are expected to attend in the first year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa