Wauwatosa Catholic School - the new school that will open this fall with the merger of St. Pius X and St. Bernard schools - has hired a principal.
Julie D'Amato, who now serves as the principal of Ronald Reagan College Preparatory High School in Milwaukee, will take the reins at Wauwatosa Catholic when the new school year starts.
D'Amato also has served as an adjunct professor of Mount Mary College.
Classes at the new school will be held in the St. Bernard building, 1500 Wauwatosa Ave., while athletics and other activities will be held at St. Pius X, 2520 Wauwatosa Ave.
The school will offer 3-year-old kindergarten through grade eight, and about 200 students are expected to attend in the first year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police use stolen iPad to track suspected thief
- Kari Miller leaves Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce
- Wisconsin Lutheran College proposes selling homes now used for student housing (1)
- C.A.R.I.N.G. group continues donations to schools
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 2
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- In Wauwatosa, 'Coffee with Cop' opens dialogue
- New Braille menus at Wauwatosa restaurants ease dining experience for blind customers
- Security officer at San Camillo in Wauwatosa charged in child pornography case
- Author Larson makes Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership luncheon a literary affair