Wauwatosa Catholic School - the new school that will open this fall with the merger of St. Pius X and St. Bernard schools - has hired a principal.
Julie D'Amato, who now serves as the principal of Ronald Reagan College Preparatory High School in Milwaukee, will take the reins at Wauwatosa Catholic when the new school year starts.
D'Amato also has served as an adjunct professor of Mount Mary College.
Classes at the new school will be held in the St. Bernard building, 1500 Wauwatosa Ave., while athletics and other activities will be held at St. Pius X, 2520 Wauwatosa Ave.
The school will offer 3-year-old kindergarten through grade eight, and about 200 students are expected to attend in the first year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 4
- On The Move: September 4
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students