Wauwatosa Catholic School - the new school that will open this fall with the merger of St. Pius X and St. Bernard schools - has hired a principal.
Julie D'Amato, who now serves as the principal of Ronald Reagan College Preparatory High School in Milwaukee, will take the reins at Wauwatosa Catholic when the new school year starts.
D'Amato also has served as an adjunct professor of Mount Mary College.
Classes at the new school will be held in the St. Bernard building, 1500 Wauwatosa Ave., while athletics and other activities will be held at St. Pius X, 2520 Wauwatosa Ave.
The school will offer 3-year-old kindergarten through grade eight, and about 200 students are expected to attend in the first year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31