A 20-year-old Greendale woman was arrested for heroin possession after the man she was sharing a hotel room with overdosed on the drug Saturday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A call came into 911 reporting a man was unconscious after injecting heroin in a guestroom at Super 8, 115 N. Mayfair Road, at 10:04 a.m. The woman answered the door and said the 30-year-old Verona man had come to, however, he was having trouble keeping his eyes open.
She said she watched him shoot up that morning then saw him pass out and start convulsing. His lips had turned blue and his breathing was erratic. She put a Suboxone pill, used to treat opiate addiction, into his mouth and started performing CPR. She estimated he was out for 15 minutes before she called for help.
After paramedics determined he was no longer in medical danger, the man turned over 1.2 grams of marijuana that had been in his pocket.
Police talked to the woman and learned she didn't have a prescription for the Suboxone. She also had a pending court case for heroin possession with intent to deliver. She was found to have 0.2 grams of the drug in her car, as well as numerous syringes.
The man said she wasn't his supplier, however, she has was arrested for possession of heroin, a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16
- Wauwatosa considers extending North Avenue bikes lanes
- Wauwatosa West grad recognized for good deed, and it comes back to her
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 16
- The Malt Shoppe grand opening party is Oct. 24-26
- New Sodexo chef helps spice up Wauwatosa cafeteria food