A box of valentines left by protesters on the doorstep of Gov. Scott Walker's home in Wauwatosa on Monday raised suspicions.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A group called Students for Democratic Society staged a 10-minute protest on the sidewalk in front of Walker's home in the 500 block of North 68th Street at 12:28 p.m. Monday, even though he wasn't there. Before leaving, a large box filled with about 200 Valentine's Day cards was placed on his property.
The cards urged Walker not to make cuts to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Milwaukee Area Technical College employees' benefits. The messages were not threatening.
State law enforcement officers said a similar delivery was made to Walker's office at the Capitol.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships