A box of valentines left by protesters on the doorstep of Gov. Scott Walker's home in Wauwatosa on Monday raised suspicions.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A group called Students for Democratic Society staged a 10-minute protest on the sidewalk in front of Walker's home in the 500 block of North 68th Street at 12:28 p.m. Monday, even though he wasn't there. Before leaving, a large box filled with about 200 Valentine's Day cards was placed on his property.
The cards urged Walker not to make cuts to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Milwaukee Area Technical College employees' benefits. The messages were not threatening.
State law enforcement officers said a similar delivery was made to Walker's office at the Capitol.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000
- Menomonee River Parkway opens for business