A box of valentines left by protesters on the doorstep of Gov. Scott Walker's home in Wauwatosa on Monday raised suspicions.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A group called Students for Democratic Society staged a 10-minute protest on the sidewalk in front of Walker's home in the 500 block of North 68th Street at 12:28 p.m. Monday, even though he wasn't there. Before leaving, a large box filled with about 200 Valentine's Day cards was placed on his property.
The cards urged Walker not to make cuts to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Milwaukee Area Technical College employees' benefits. The messages were not threatening.
State law enforcement officers said a similar delivery was made to Walker's office at the Capitol.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!