A box of valentines left by protesters on the doorstep of Gov. Scott Walker's home in Wauwatosa on Monday raised suspicions.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A group called Students for Democratic Society staged a 10-minute protest on the sidewalk in front of Walker's home in the 500 block of North 68th Street at 12:28 p.m. Monday, even though he wasn't there. Before leaving, a large box filled with about 200 Valentine's Day cards was placed on his property.
The cards urged Walker not to make cuts to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Milwaukee Area Technical College employees' benefits. The messages were not threatening.
State law enforcement officers said a similar delivery was made to Walker's office at the Capitol.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Boy Scout brings bocce ball court to Hart Park in Wauwatosa
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Public Forum: Police officers deserve support and thanks
- Wauwatosa fall leaf collection in progress
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa's Friends of Center Street Park to hold Fall Fest Oct. 17
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 19