A man seen running along Fairview Avenue with blood streaming down his face was arrested for drunken driving last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 34-year-old New Berlin man had crashed his pickup truck, which was hauling a trailer, onto a snowbank at 121st Street and Fairview Avenue at 10:15 p.m. Feb. 10.
Witnesses said when they stopped and offered him help, he begged them to give him a ride home and to not call the police. One woman said she was going to call 911, and he fled.
Officers saw the man, covered in blood and auto glass, running from the scene. He had several head wounds and seemed intoxicated. He refused to answer any questions or take a breath test. A blood draw was taken at Wisconsin Heart Hospital.
The vehicle had broken windows, a bent wheel, a flat tire that had fallen off and running boards that were pushed under the truck.
He was arrested for drunken driving and cited for failing to notify police of an accident and driving the wrong way on a divided highway. He will appear in municipal court in March for the drunken driving allegation.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition