A man seen running along Fairview Avenue with blood streaming down his face was arrested for drunken driving last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 34-year-old New Berlin man had crashed his pickup truck, which was hauling a trailer, onto a snowbank at 121st Street and Fairview Avenue at 10:15 p.m. Feb. 10.
Witnesses said when they stopped and offered him help, he begged them to give him a ride home and to not call the police. One woman said she was going to call 911, and he fled.
Officers saw the man, covered in blood and auto glass, running from the scene. He had several head wounds and seemed intoxicated. He refused to answer any questions or take a breath test. A blood draw was taken at Wisconsin Heart Hospital.
The vehicle had broken windows, a bent wheel, a flat tire that had fallen off and running boards that were pushed under the truck.
He was arrested for drunken driving and cited for failing to notify police of an accident and driving the wrong way on a divided highway. He will appear in municipal court in March for the drunken driving allegation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?