A man seen running along Fairview Avenue with blood streaming down his face was arrested for drunken driving last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 34-year-old New Berlin man had crashed his pickup truck, which was hauling a trailer, onto a snowbank at 121st Street and Fairview Avenue at 10:15 p.m. Feb. 10.
Witnesses said when they stopped and offered him help, he begged them to give him a ride home and to not call the police. One woman said she was going to call 911, and he fled.
Officers saw the man, covered in blood and auto glass, running from the scene. He had several head wounds and seemed intoxicated. He refused to answer any questions or take a breath test. A blood draw was taken at Wisconsin Heart Hospital.
The vehicle had broken windows, a bent wheel, a flat tire that had fallen off and running boards that were pushed under the truck.
He was arrested for drunken driving and cited for failing to notify police of an accident and driving the wrong way on a divided highway. He will appear in municipal court in March for the drunken driving allegation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1