Keeping safety in mind, a Wauwatosa woman hailed a taxi to drive her home from the Super Bowl celebration happening in downtown Milwaukee on Sunday night. But as she paid her fare, she realized she hadn't avoided a bad situation after all.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 24-year-old woman decided to sit in the front seat and talk to the driver so she didn't seem rude. When they pulled up to her home on 60th Street about 12:30 a.m. Monday, she handed him money. Instead of taking the bills, he grabbed her arm, pulled her toward him and started kissing her.
The woman managed to pull away and said, "No, no, no," while opening the passenger door. He grabbed ahold of her again, saying "Yes, yes."
She freed herself and ran out of the cab. She was so shaken that she hid in the yard for 20 to 30 minutes until her roommates returned home.
Police have been working with the cab company to track down the driver, but since it was a cab hailed on the street the same records don't exist as for a dispatched driver.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council