These comments were posted to an article about the struggle city and Mayfair officials are in to determine what can be done to curb problem behavior on the part of some teens who frequent the mall.
"I think they should charge a refundable admission fee. Pay $10 to enter the mall and then get it back at exit, provided you did not cause a melee. I imagine the mall would rake in a lot of profit from people who would not take the minute to get their money back."
" 'They brainstormed ideas for handling problems and came up with an ID card that teens could carry and have scanned upon entering the mall. Any violations would be encoded on the card and could prevent admittance for a period of time or give them a strike in a 'three strikes and you're out' system.' " Let me get this straight - the kids came up with this on their own? Good for them! While they're at it, they should go out and explain that if they're in favor of needing an ID card to do something as non-crucial as going to a mall, needing an ID card for something as important as voting isn't a big deal, either."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore