Homeowners who have energy-efficient furnaces need to make sure the PVC pipe that vents out the side of the house remains clear of snow, Interim Fire Chief Michael Anton cautions.
Don't pile or blow snow on the pipe because it could cause a deadly buildup of carbon monoxide into the home, he said.
All homes should have a working carbon monoxide detector as well as smoke detectors, he further advised.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director