Homeowners who have energy-efficient furnaces need to make sure the PVC pipe that vents out the side of the house remains clear of snow, Interim Fire Chief Michael Anton cautions.
Don't pile or blow snow on the pipe because it could cause a deadly buildup of carbon monoxide into the home, he said.
All homes should have a working carbon monoxide detector as well as smoke detectors, he further advised.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2