Homeowners who have energy-efficient furnaces need to make sure the PVC pipe that vents out the side of the house remains clear of snow, Interim Fire Chief Michael Anton cautions.
Don't pile or blow snow on the pipe because it could cause a deadly buildup of carbon monoxide into the home, he said.
All homes should have a working carbon monoxide detector as well as smoke detectors, he further advised.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair