Homeowners who have energy-efficient furnaces need to make sure the PVC pipe that vents out the side of the house remains clear of snow, Interim Fire Chief Michael Anton cautions.
Don't pile or blow snow on the pipe because it could cause a deadly buildup of carbon monoxide into the home, he said.
All homes should have a working carbon monoxide detector as well as smoke detectors, he further advised.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?