Wauwatosa has issued a snow emergency for at least the next 48 hours.
During this period, parking is not allowed on city streets. Vehicles left on the street will receive tickets.
The Public Works Department has a few tips for residents during the storm:
• When clearing property, don't blow or push snow into roadways or city medians.
• Notify the Public Works office of any downed branches or trees that could cause damage or obstruct public property, or any flooding or sewer backups resulting from the storm by calling (414) 471-8422.
• Don't place refuse carts on sidewalks or snow drifts. Shovel out an area at the curb or driveway for the cart.
• Don't follow closely when driving behind a snowplow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority