Wauwatosa has issued a snow emergency for at least the next 48 hours.
During this period, parking is not allowed on city streets. Vehicles left on the street will receive tickets.
The Public Works Department has a few tips for residents during the storm:
• When clearing property, don't blow or push snow into roadways or city medians.
• Notify the Public Works office of any downed branches or trees that could cause damage or obstruct public property, or any flooding or sewer backups resulting from the storm by calling (414) 471-8422.
• Don't place refuse carts on sidewalks or snow drifts. Shovel out an area at the curb or driveway for the cart.
• Don't follow closely when driving behind a snowplow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000