Wauwatosa has issued a snow emergency for at least the next 48 hours.
During this period, parking is not allowed on city streets. Vehicles left on the street will receive tickets.
The Public Works Department has a few tips for residents during the storm:
• When clearing property, don't blow or push snow into roadways or city medians.
• Notify the Public Works office of any downed branches or trees that could cause damage or obstruct public property, or any flooding or sewer backups resulting from the storm by calling (414) 471-8422.
• Don't place refuse carts on sidewalks or snow drifts. Shovel out an area at the curb or driveway for the cart.
• Don't follow closely when driving behind a snowplow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council