Interim Wauwatosa Fire Chief Michael Anton is reminding Tosa residents to clear snow away from the fire hydrants in their neighborhoods.
During a fire, quick access to a hydrant can save firefighters time and make a big difference in extinguishing a blaze, he said.
At the conclusion of the storm, the Fire Department will inspect the city's hydrants.
Anyone who needs assistance removing snow from a hydrant can call the Fire Department at (414) 471-8490.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade