Interim Wauwatosa Fire Chief Michael Anton is reminding Tosa residents to clear snow away from the fire hydrants in their neighborhoods.
During a fire, quick access to a hydrant can save firefighters time and make a big difference in extinguishing a blaze, he said.
At the conclusion of the storm, the Fire Department will inspect the city's hydrants.
Anyone who needs assistance removing snow from a hydrant can call the Fire Department at (414) 471-8490.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands