Interim Wauwatosa Fire Chief Michael Anton is reminding Tosa residents to clear snow away from the fire hydrants in their neighborhoods.
During a fire, quick access to a hydrant can save firefighters time and make a big difference in extinguishing a blaze, he said.
At the conclusion of the storm, the Fire Department will inspect the city's hydrants.
Anyone who needs assistance removing snow from a hydrant can call the Fire Department at (414) 471-8490.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field
- Biz Buzz: Phase 2 Skateshop; Twirly Birds
- Twirly Birds vintage and hand-craft store moves to Waukesha
- Paving complete on North Avenue