Interim Wauwatosa Fire Chief Michael Anton is reminding Tosa residents to clear snow away from the fire hydrants in their neighborhoods.
During a fire, quick access to a hydrant can save firefighters time and make a big difference in extinguishing a blaze, he said.
At the conclusion of the storm, the Fire Department will inspect the city's hydrants.
Anyone who needs assistance removing snow from a hydrant can call the Fire Department at (414) 471-8490.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home
- Wauwatosans cheer on one of their own in Tour de France
- Briggs & Stratton moves 370 jobs to Tosa plant