Interim Wauwatosa Fire Chief Michael Anton is reminding Tosa residents to clear snow away from the fire hydrants in their neighborhoods.
During a fire, quick access to a hydrant can save firefighters time and make a big difference in extinguishing a blaze, he said.
At the conclusion of the storm, the Fire Department will inspect the city's hydrants.
Anyone who needs assistance removing snow from a hydrant can call the Fire Department at (414) 471-8490.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?