Due to the snow, the Wauwatosa School District has called off all of today's after-school activities, including athletic competitions.
As for classes, district officials don't expect to send kids home early today, but canceling school Wednesday is a definite possibility, spokesman Chris Preisler said. Superintendent Phil Ertl will likely make that decision this afternoon. In the meantime, he's keeping in contact with leaders of surrounding school districts.
Milwaukee Public Schools announced they will be closed Wednesday.
As for today, after-school day care will remain open through the regularly scheduled time or until all children have been picked up. Junior kindergarten registration will be offered at elementary schools for a shortened session from 1 to 3:30 p.m., but sixth-grade registration at Longfellow Middle School will be rescheduled.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3