Due to the snow, the Wauwatosa School District has called off all of today's after-school activities, including athletic competitions.
As for classes, district officials don't expect to send kids home early today, but canceling school Wednesday is a definite possibility, spokesman Chris Preisler said. Superintendent Phil Ertl will likely make that decision this afternoon. In the meantime, he's keeping in contact with leaders of surrounding school districts.
Milwaukee Public Schools announced they will be closed Wednesday.
As for today, after-school day care will remain open through the regularly scheduled time or until all children have been picked up. Junior kindergarten registration will be offered at elementary schools for a shortened session from 1 to 3:30 p.m., but sixth-grade registration at Longfellow Middle School will be rescheduled.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves