Due to the snow, the Wauwatosa School District has called off all of today's after-school activities, including athletic competitions.
As for classes, district officials don't expect to send kids home early today, but canceling school Wednesday is a definite possibility, spokesman Chris Preisler said. Superintendent Phil Ertl will likely make that decision this afternoon. In the meantime, he's keeping in contact with leaders of surrounding school districts.
Milwaukee Public Schools announced they will be closed Wednesday.
As for today, after-school day care will remain open through the regularly scheduled time or until all children have been picked up. Junior kindergarten registration will be offered at elementary schools for a shortened session from 1 to 3:30 p.m., but sixth-grade registration at Longfellow Middle School will be rescheduled.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4