Due to the snow, the Wauwatosa School District has called off all of today's after-school activities, including athletic competitions.
As for classes, district officials don't expect to send kids home early today, but canceling school Wednesday is a definite possibility, spokesman Chris Preisler said. Superintendent Phil Ertl will likely make that decision this afternoon. In the meantime, he's keeping in contact with leaders of surrounding school districts.
Milwaukee Public Schools announced they will be closed Wednesday.
As for today, after-school day care will remain open through the regularly scheduled time or until all children have been picked up. Junior kindergarten registration will be offered at elementary schools for a shortened session from 1 to 3:30 p.m., but sixth-grade registration at Longfellow Middle School will be rescheduled.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28