Due to the snow, the Wauwatosa School District has called off all of today's after-school activities, including athletic competitions.
As for classes, district officials don't expect to send kids home early today, but canceling school Wednesday is a definite possibility, spokesman Chris Preisler said. Superintendent Phil Ertl will likely make that decision this afternoon. In the meantime, he's keeping in contact with leaders of surrounding school districts.
Milwaukee Public Schools announced they will be closed Wednesday.
As for today, after-school day care will remain open through the regularly scheduled time or until all children have been picked up. Junior kindergarten registration will be offered at elementary schools for a shortened session from 1 to 3:30 p.m., but sixth-grade registration at Longfellow Middle School will be rescheduled.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum