A 19-year-old Wauwatosa man who bolted when he saw police was arrested for dealing drugs after he sold a quarter pound of marijuana during a sting operation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man saw a police officer pull up and made a run for it into his house in the 2200 block of 64th Street at 4:46 p.m. Jan. 20. An officer was able to grab him and pull him onto the porch, where the man was tackled and suffered a contusion to his forehead. The man said he was high and paranoid so he freaked out when he saw the cop pull up.
A bag containing 1 gram of pot and $721 was found in his pockets, and a narcotic pain pill in his vehicle. A jar containing different strains of marijuana buds was found next to his bed. He said he planned to smoke them on April 20, a counterculture celebration of smoking weed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East