A 19-year-old Wauwatosa man who bolted when he saw police was arrested for dealing drugs after he sold a quarter pound of marijuana during a sting operation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man saw a police officer pull up and made a run for it into his house in the 2200 block of 64th Street at 4:46 p.m. Jan. 20. An officer was able to grab him and pull him onto the porch, where the man was tackled and suffered a contusion to his forehead. The man said he was high and paranoid so he freaked out when he saw the cop pull up.
A bag containing 1 gram of pot and $721 was found in his pockets, and a narcotic pain pill in his vehicle. A jar containing different strains of marijuana buds was found next to his bed. He said he planned to smoke them on April 20, a counterculture celebration of smoking weed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings
- Almost 200 people gather for lecture on Islam on Nov. 19 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa East mourns death of classmate Davion 'Sugar Bear' Crawford
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo celebrates first birthday of young gorilla
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Nov. 30
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 15 - 21 (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 29
- Wauwatosa stores set Thanksgiving, Black Friday hours
- Tosa's city health department earns national accreditation