Two women were held up at gunpoint by teen robbers Thursday at a bus shelter on 92nd Street.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The nurses from Luther Manor were having a cigarette at 9:22 p.m. when two boys approached. At first they thought they were asking for cigarettes, then they realized they were demanding money.
One of the boys pointed a handgun at a woman's chest from less than two feet away. She said she heard a sound consistent with chambering a round.
The nurses handed over cell phones, cigarettes and wallets. Then the boys ran across 92nd Street.
Milwaukee police reported a similar robbery in their city earlier in the evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event