Two women were held up at gunpoint by teen robbers Thursday at a bus shelter on 92nd Street.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The nurses from Luther Manor were having a cigarette at 9:22 p.m. when two boys approached. At first they thought they were asking for cigarettes, then they realized they were demanding money.
One of the boys pointed a handgun at a woman's chest from less than two feet away. She said she heard a sound consistent with chambering a round.
The nurses handed over cell phones, cigarettes and wallets. Then the boys ran across 92nd Street.
Milwaukee police reported a similar robbery in their city earlier in the evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2