Two women were held up at gunpoint by teen robbers Thursday at a bus shelter on 92nd Street.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The nurses from Luther Manor were having a cigarette at 9:22 p.m. when two boys approached. At first they thought they were asking for cigarettes, then they realized they were demanding money.
One of the boys pointed a handgun at a woman's chest from less than two feet away. She said she heard a sound consistent with chambering a round.
The nurses handed over cell phones, cigarettes and wallets. Then the boys ran across 92nd Street.
Milwaukee police reported a similar robbery in their city earlier in the evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School