Two women were held up at gunpoint by teen robbers Thursday at a bus shelter on 92nd Street.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The nurses from Luther Manor were having a cigarette at 9:22 p.m. when two boys approached. At first they thought they were asking for cigarettes, then they realized they were demanding money.
One of the boys pointed a handgun at a woman's chest from less than two feet away. She said she heard a sound consistent with chambering a round.
The nurses handed over cell phones, cigarettes and wallets. Then the boys ran across 92nd Street.
Milwaukee police reported a similar robbery in their city earlier in the evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers