Two women were held up at gunpoint by teen robbers Thursday at a bus shelter on 92nd Street.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The nurses from Luther Manor were having a cigarette at 9:22 p.m. when two boys approached. At first they thought they were asking for cigarettes, then they realized they were demanding money.
One of the boys pointed a handgun at a woman's chest from less than two feet away. She said she heard a sound consistent with chambering a round.
The nurses handed over cell phones, cigarettes and wallets. Then the boys ran across 92nd Street.
Milwaukee police reported a similar robbery in their city earlier in the evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94