North Shore Bank customers were shaken up, but not injured, after a gun-toting robber made off with a bag filled with money last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man with a scarf covering most of his face carried a semiautomatic handgun into the branch at 87th Street and North Avenue at 10:23 a.m. Jan. 17. He grabbed a customer who was leaving and forced him back into the building.
Then he approached the counter, threw a bag at a teller and demanded she fill it with money. He told a second teller to help the other and threatened to shoot her if she did not hurry up.
On the way out, he dropped the gun. When he stopped to pick it up, he told the staff and customers to have a nice day.
The dye pack that was in the money he had taken exploded as he ran away.
The Milwaukee County mobile crisis unit was brought in to help calm the bank's patrons.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade