North Shore Bank customers were shaken up, but not injured, after a gun-toting robber made off with a bag filled with money last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man with a scarf covering most of his face carried a semiautomatic handgun into the branch at 87th Street and North Avenue at 10:23 a.m. Jan. 17. He grabbed a customer who was leaving and forced him back into the building.
Then he approached the counter, threw a bag at a teller and demanded she fill it with money. He told a second teller to help the other and threatened to shoot her if she did not hurry up.
On the way out, he dropped the gun. When he stopped to pick it up, he told the staff and customers to have a nice day.
The dye pack that was in the money he had taken exploded as he ran away.
The Milwaukee County mobile crisis unit was brought in to help calm the bank's patrons.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4