North Shore Bank customers were shaken up, but not injured, after a gun-toting robber made off with a bag filled with money last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man with a scarf covering most of his face carried a semiautomatic handgun into the branch at 87th Street and North Avenue at 10:23 a.m. Jan. 17. He grabbed a customer who was leaving and forced him back into the building.
Then he approached the counter, threw a bag at a teller and demanded she fill it with money. He told a second teller to help the other and threatened to shoot her if she did not hurry up.
On the way out, he dropped the gun. When he stopped to pick it up, he told the staff and customers to have a nice day.
The dye pack that was in the money he had taken exploded as he ran away.
The Milwaukee County mobile crisis unit was brought in to help calm the bank's patrons.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meijer opens in Wauwatosa, draws overnight campers in parking lot
- Wauwatosa Relay for Life's fundraising, participation double from last year
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: From a personal quest to a rug store in Tosa
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams paint store (1)
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6