Radon - a cancer-causing, radioactive gas - has been found in all Wauwatosa ZIP codes. To help local families determine if their homes are affected, the Wauwatosa Health Department is selling radon test kits for $5, while supplies last.
Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water and gets into the air. It can't be seen, smelled or tasted, so testing is the only way to know if it exists in a house.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (6)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building