Radon - a cancer-causing, radioactive gas - has been found in all Wauwatosa ZIP codes. To help local families determine if their homes are affected, the Wauwatosa Health Department is selling radon test kits for $5, while supplies last.
Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water and gets into the air. It can't be seen, smelled or tasted, so testing is the only way to know if it exists in a house.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26