Radon - a cancer-causing, radioactive gas - has been found in all Wauwatosa ZIP codes. To help local families determine if their homes are affected, the Wauwatosa Health Department is selling radon test kits for $5, while supplies last.
Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water and gets into the air. It can't be seen, smelled or tasted, so testing is the only way to know if it exists in a house.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department