Packers fans will be partying Sunday when Green Bay takes on the Chicago Bears in a competition for the NFC Championship and a spot in the Super Bowl this weekend.
Law enforcement officers will be out on the streets making sure people are celebrating responsibly. That means hiring a cab or usin a designated driver when heading out from a bar or party after drinking alcohol.
The Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force will be out from 8 p.m. Jan. 23 to 4 a.m. Jan. 24 looking for impaired drivers. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office will patrol the highways and local police departments will keep watch over other main roadways. A total of 13 agencies will participate, including Wauwatosa, Elm Grove, the town and city of Brookfield, Franklin, St. Francis, Cudahy, West Allis, South Milwaukee, Bayside, Greendale and Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5