Packers fans will be partying Sunday when Green Bay takes on the Chicago Bears in a competition for the NFC Championship and a spot in the Super Bowl this weekend.
Law enforcement officers will be out on the streets making sure people are celebrating responsibly. That means hiring a cab or usin a designated driver when heading out from a bar or party after drinking alcohol.
The Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force will be out from 8 p.m. Jan. 23 to 4 a.m. Jan. 24 looking for impaired drivers. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office will patrol the highways and local police departments will keep watch over other main roadways. A total of 13 agencies will participate, including Wauwatosa, Elm Grove, the town and city of Brookfield, Franklin, St. Francis, Cudahy, West Allis, South Milwaukee, Bayside, Greendale and Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Second design workshop for Tosa skate park is Thursday
- Wauwatosa Catholic maintains rigor since IB authorization