A 40-year-old West Allis man was arrested by Wauwatosa police in connection with a threat made against Mayfair Mall that was listed on Craigslist, WTMJ-TV (Channel 4) reported Saturday night.
"Upon discovering the threat, management immediately contacted the Wauwatosa" Police Department, David Keating, vice president for corporate communications for mall owner General Growth Properties Inc., said in a statement to the Journal Sentinel.
"The Police Department is investigating," he said. "We have no reason to believe the threat was credible. However, we took it seriously."
Keating said he didn't have any specifics on the threat.
Mayfair Mall's general manager Steve Smith was unavailable for comment Saturday night
The arrest comes two weeks after more than 100 youths disrupted the mall on a Sunday afternoon, causing it to close early.
Nine juveniles, all from Milwaukee, were arrested.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000