A 40-year-old West Allis man was arrested by Wauwatosa police in connection with a threat made against Mayfair Mall that was listed on Craigslist, WTMJ-TV (Channel 4) reported Saturday night.
"Upon discovering the threat, management immediately contacted the Wauwatosa" Police Department, David Keating, vice president for corporate communications for mall owner General Growth Properties Inc., said in a statement to the Journal Sentinel.
"The Police Department is investigating," he said. "We have no reason to believe the threat was credible. However, we took it seriously."
Keating said he didn't have any specifics on the threat.
Mayfair Mall's general manager Steve Smith was unavailable for comment Saturday night
The arrest comes two weeks after more than 100 youths disrupted the mall on a Sunday afternoon, causing it to close early.
Nine juveniles, all from Milwaukee, were arrested.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?