A 40-year-old West Allis man was arrested by Wauwatosa police in connection with a threat made against Mayfair Mall that was listed on Craigslist, WTMJ-TV (Channel 4) reported Saturday night.
"Upon discovering the threat, management immediately contacted the Wauwatosa" Police Department, David Keating, vice president for corporate communications for mall owner General Growth Properties Inc., said in a statement to the Journal Sentinel.
"The Police Department is investigating," he said. "We have no reason to believe the threat was credible. However, we took it seriously."
Keating said he didn't have any specifics on the threat.
Mayfair Mall's general manager Steve Smith was unavailable for comment Saturday night
The arrest comes two weeks after more than 100 youths disrupted the mall on a Sunday afternoon, causing it to close early.
Nine juveniles, all from Milwaukee, were arrested.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade