A 40-year-old West Allis man was arrested by Wauwatosa police in connection with a threat made against Mayfair Mall that was listed on Craigslist, WTMJ-TV (Channel 4) reported Saturday night.
"Upon discovering the threat, management immediately contacted the Wauwatosa" Police Department, David Keating, vice president for corporate communications for mall owner General Growth Properties Inc., said in a statement to the Journal Sentinel.
"The Police Department is investigating," he said. "We have no reason to believe the threat was credible. However, we took it seriously."
Keating said he didn't have any specifics on the threat.
Mayfair Mall's general manager Steve Smith was unavailable for comment Saturday night
The arrest comes two weeks after more than 100 youths disrupted the mall on a Sunday afternoon, causing it to close early.
Nine juveniles, all from Milwaukee, were arrested.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26