Maxfield's Pancake House wants to serve breakfast to hungry Tosans.
Gus Zarmakoupis already owns one restaurant in Bayside, but he has applied to bring a second eatery to One Mayfair Place shopping center, 2727 N. Mayfair Road.
With very little discussion, the Plan Commission on Monday voted to support the business proposal. The owner will take his plans to the city's Community Development Committee on Jan. 25, followed by the Common Council the next week.
The plan calls for Maxfield's to occupy the first floor of a two-story building next to the railroad tracks. Initially, Zarmakoupis plans to serve food from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. But he asked for operating hours until 10 p.m. in case he expands into dinner service in the future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting