Maxfield's Pancake House wants to serve breakfast to hungry Tosans.
Gus Zarmakoupis already owns one restaurant in Bayside, but he has applied to bring a second eatery to One Mayfair Place shopping center, 2727 N. Mayfair Road.
With very little discussion, the Plan Commission on Monday voted to support the business proposal. The owner will take his plans to the city's Community Development Committee on Jan. 25, followed by the Common Council the next week.
The plan calls for Maxfield's to occupy the first floor of a two-story building next to the railroad tracks. Initially, Zarmakoupis plans to serve food from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. But he asked for operating hours until 10 p.m. in case he expands into dinner service in the future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa