Maxfield's Pancake House wants to serve breakfast to hungry Tosans.
Gus Zarmakoupis already owns one restaurant in Bayside, but he has applied to bring a second eatery to One Mayfair Place shopping center, 2727 N. Mayfair Road.
With very little discussion, the Plan Commission on Monday voted to support the business proposal. The owner will take his plans to the city's Community Development Committee on Jan. 25, followed by the Common Council the next week.
The plan calls for Maxfield's to occupy the first floor of a two-story building next to the railroad tracks. Initially, Zarmakoupis plans to serve food from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. But he asked for operating hours until 10 p.m. in case he expands into dinner service in the future.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes