The Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park could win $50,000 if enough people cast votes online.
The Pepsi Refresh Challenge, the soda manufacturer's community outreach campaign, will award the money to the program that receives the most votes this month. The Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool have tried for the past four months to be chosen as a contestant.
The money would go toward pool amenities like a waterslide, shade umbrellas and deck furniture. The pool is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
Anyone 13 and older can vote daily in support of the pool, the Friends have announced. To encourage participation, the Friends will hold daily drawings for pool admission passes for those who vote through this link: RefreshEverything.com/fohpp.
This month more than $1,100 ideas are up for vote with $1.3 million in grant money available to divvy up, according to the Pepsi Refresh Project's website. The top 100 runners-up from each category will be transferred over to the next month's voting period.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting
- Business Spotlight: Jenny Kyle Smith hits the sweet spot after years of struggle
- Hart Park Senior Center in Wauwatosa having a busy month
- In Our Schools: Feb. 11
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years