The Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park could win $50,000 if enough people cast votes online.
The Pepsi Refresh Challenge, the soda manufacturer's community outreach campaign, will award the money to the program that receives the most votes this month. The Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool have tried for the past four months to be chosen as a contestant.
The money would go toward pool amenities like a waterslide, shade umbrellas and deck furniture. The pool is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
Anyone 13 and older can vote daily in support of the pool, the Friends have announced. To encourage participation, the Friends will hold daily drawings for pool admission passes for those who vote through this link: RefreshEverything.com/fohpp.
This month more than $1,100 ideas are up for vote with $1.3 million in grant money available to divvy up, according to the Pepsi Refresh Project's website. The top 100 runners-up from each category will be transferred over to the next month's voting period.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (7)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series