The Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park could win $50,000 if enough people cast votes online.
The Pepsi Refresh Challenge, the soda manufacturer's community outreach campaign, will award the money to the program that receives the most votes this month. The Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool have tried for the past four months to be chosen as a contestant.
The money would go toward pool amenities like a waterslide, shade umbrellas and deck furniture. The pool is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
Anyone 13 and older can vote daily in support of the pool, the Friends have announced. To encourage participation, the Friends will hold daily drawings for pool admission passes for those who vote through this link: RefreshEverything.com/fohpp.
This month more than $1,100 ideas are up for vote with $1.3 million in grant money available to divvy up, according to the Pepsi Refresh Project's website. The top 100 runners-up from each category will be transferred over to the next month's voting period.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair