The Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park could win $50,000 if enough people cast votes online.
The Pepsi Refresh Challenge, the soda manufacturer's community outreach campaign, will award the money to the program that receives the most votes this month. The Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool have tried for the past four months to be chosen as a contestant.
The money would go toward pool amenities like a waterslide, shade umbrellas and deck furniture. The pool is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
Anyone 13 and older can vote daily in support of the pool, the Friends have announced. To encourage participation, the Friends will hold daily drawings for pool admission passes for those who vote through this link: RefreshEverything.com/fohpp.
This month more than $1,100 ideas are up for vote with $1.3 million in grant money available to divvy up, according to the Pepsi Refresh Project's website. The top 100 runners-up from each category will be transferred over to the next month's voting period.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (2)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building